10 Inch Boning Fillet Knife
Boning/Filleting Knife: As the largest of our boning knives, this 10-inch Flex Fillet Knife is the go-to knife for filleting fish, trimming fat from large pieces of meat, slicing chicken cutlets so they are paper thin, or butterflying large pork chops. With the same flexibility and strength as our smaller models, this knife features an extra long blade to cut through any piece of meat without difficulty.
- Made from premium 440/X50CrMoV15 German steel
- Optimized multi-stage optimized heat treatment ice-hardening process for hardness, durability, and superior edge retention characteristics
- Full Patented Triple-Tang design for balance, control and precision with beautiful steel and black ABS handles.
- Stylish yet functional ergonomic handle with SMART-BOLSTER™ design
- Sharp heel and smooth spine
- Lifetime warranty for manufacturing defects.
- Premium X50CrMoV15 German Steel
- Weight: 0.625 lb
- Ergonomic Full-Triple-Tang handle design with beautiful steel and black ABS handles.
- 20-22 degree angled blade edge
- 55 +/-2 RC Hardness with multi-stage optimized Ice-Hardening heat treatment
Warranty: Life-Time Warranty
Knife Type: Cleavers & Boning Knives
Tang Type: Triple Tang
Edge Type: STRAIGHT
Blade Length: 10”
Blade Material: X50CrMoV15 High Carbon No-Stain Steel
Handle Size: 4 3/4 inches
Handle Material: ABS
Dimensions: L - 15 inch W - 7/8 inches H - 1 1/8 inches
How do I care for my knife?
Our knives are made from quality materials and should last if you take good care of them. Following please find few guidelines:
- Hand wash and dry immediately after use.
- Do not put in dishwasher as it might damage the high carbon steel and handles.
- Do not leave in water for an extended period of time.
- Hone your straight fine edge blade regularly.
- Sharpen your straight fine edge blade as needed on a sharpening rod (diamond or ceramic), whetstone or similar quality sharpening tool.
- Executive Chef Series edge is 20-22 degrees on each side.
- ProCut collections (Lightning, Thunder, and Premier) are 10-15 degrees on each side.
- Serrated edges should be sharpened as needed by using special tools.
- The meat cleaver edge is 30-35 degrees on each side.
- Gunter Wilhelm offers a FREE sharpening service to our kitchen knives. Please CLICK HERE for additional information.
- For additional maintenance and sharpening videos please CLICK HERE.
Gunter Wilhelm Hassle-Free lifetime warranty covers manufacturing defects (materials and workmanship).
- A dull knife which requires sharpening is not a manufacturing defect, but basic maintenance.
- Rust spots might appear in cases that the knife was placed in a dishwasher or left in water for a long period of time. To remove any rust spot, please use a Stainless Steel polisher cream/past such as Bar Keepers Friend or similar.
- Woodblocks, sharpening tools, and blade protectors are not covered by our lifetime warranty policy since they are subject to normal and natural attrition.
- Please refer to our Warranty Policy HERE.
- Please check our videos for additional insights, tips, basic knife skills techniques, and more CLICK HERE.