7 Inch Asian / Vegetable Cleaver, Brown Pakkawood
The Asian Vegetable Cleaver/Knife, is a Asian style cooking knife that is designed with a scalloped blade like this one and optimized for chopping, slicing and dicing vegetable as well as slicing cooked meats. The wide blade allow you to scoop the chopped/diced food and place it into the cooking pot or serving bowl.
- Made from premium 440/X50CrMoV15 German steel
- Optimized multi-stage optimized heat treatment ice-hardening process for hardness, durability, and superior edge retention characteristics
- Full Patented Triple-Tang design for balance, control and precision with beautiful steel and brown Pakkawood handles.
- Stylish yet functional ergonomic handle with SMART-BOLSTER™ design
- Sharp heel and smooth spine
- Lifetime Warranty for manufacturing defects
- Premium 440/X50CrMoV15 German Steel
- Weight: 0.625 lb
- Ergonomic Full-Triple-Tang handle design with beautiful steel and brown Pakkawood handles.
- 20-22 degree angled blade edge
- 55 +/-2 RC Hardness with multi-stage optimized Ice-Hardening heat
Warranty: Life-Time Warranty
Knife Type: Cleavers & Boning Knives
Tang Type: Triple Tang
Edge Type: DIMPLE
Blade Length: 7”
Blade Material: X50CrMoV15 High Carbon No-Stain Steel
Handle Size: 5 inch
Handle Material: Pakkawood
Dimensions: L - 12 1/4 inches W - 1 inch H - 2 3/4 inches
How do I care for my knife?
Our knives are made from quality materials and should last if you take good care of them. Following please find few guidelines:
- Hand wash and dry immediately after use.
- Do not put in dishwasher as it might damage the high carbon steel and handles.
- Do not leave in water for an extended period of time.
- Hone your straight fine edge blade regularly.
- Sharpen your straight fine edge blade as needed on a sharpening rod (diamond or ceramic), whetstone or similar quality sharpening tool.
- Executive Chef Series edge is 20-22 degrees on each side.
- ProCut collections (Lightning, Thunder, and Premier) are 10-15 degrees on each side.
- Serrated edges should be sharpened as needed by using special tools.
- The meat cleaver edge is 30-35 degrees on each side.
- Gunter Wilhelm offers a FREE sharpening service to our kitchen knives. Please CLICK HERE for additional information.
- For additional maintenance and sharpening videos please CLICK HERE.
Gunter Wilhelm Hassle-Free lifetime warranty covers manufacturing defects (materials and workmanship).
- A dull knife which requires sharpening is not a manufacturing defect, but basic maintenance.
- Rust spots might appear in cases that the knife was placed in a dishwasher or left in water for a long period of time. To remove any rust spot, please use a Stainless Steel polisher cream/past such as Bar Keepers Friend or similar.
- Woodblocks, sharpening tools, and blade protectors are not covered by our lifetime warranty policy since they are subject to normal and natural attrition.
- Please refer to our Warranty Policy HERE.
- Please check our videos for additional insights, tips, basic knife skills techniques, and more CLICK HERE.