15-Piece Knife Set Bundle
15 Piece Knife Set Bundle: is ideal for backyard and professional barbecue cooks, culinary students and professional chefs. Light, and wickedly sharp, these high quality knives have a superior edge retention and will elevate your cooking experience offering high-end Japanese cutting capabilities (10-15 edge) while durable and easy to maintain like high-end German knives.15 Piece Knife Set Bundle Includes:
- 1 x 3.5 inch Paring Knife
- 1 x 3 inch Peeler/Bird Beak Knife
- 1 x 8 Inch Chef Knife
- 1 x 6 Boning Knife
- 1 x 10 Inch Carving Knife
- 1 x 10 Inch Offset Bread Knife
- 1 x 10 Inch Filet Knife
- 7 Blade Protectors
- 1 x Chef Bag
- Made in Germany from premium X50CrMoV15 German steel
- Optimized multi-stage heat treatment with advanced CRYO ice-hardening process for superior edge retention, hardness, durability, flexibility characteristics
- Full-Inner-Tang design for balance and control
- Ergonomic handle and SMART-BOLSTER™ design for comfort, control and precision.
- Antibacterial handle material for healthy and safe cooking environment
- Textured handle material for better and safer grip
- Sharp heel and smooth spine
- Lifetime warranty for manufacturing defects
- Made in Germany
- X50CrMoV15 German Steel
- Ergonomic Full-Inner-Tang handle design made from textured ABS and antibacterial material
- 15 degree angled blade edge
- 55 +/-2 RC Hardness with advanced CRYO Ice-Hardening heat treatment
- Total weight: 6 lb
Warranty: Life-Time Warranty
Tang Type: Full Tang
Blade Material: X50CrMoV15 High Carbon No-Stain Steel
Handle Material: Textured
How do I care for my knife?
Our new knives should last forever if you take care of them. Good knives should never be put in the dishwasher. Always hand wash and dry right away. Never leave them sitting in water for extended periods. They can rust and the pakkawood can swell. The reason is that good knives are not made from pure stainless steel. They are made from a mixture of high carbon steel and stainless steel. The high carbon allows the knife to be sharpened and the stainless keeps it from staining. However, the detergents and heat in a dishwasher are too much for the mixture and all good knives will rust in the dishwasher.
Always use the honing steel to realign the edge before use. This should be done before every use. The honing steel straightens the edge. It does not sharpen. The diamond steel should be used approximately once a month or when your knives don’t feel sharp after using the honing steel. The diamond steel has powdered diamond dust to remove a small amount of metal to get your edge back. If the diamond steel and honing steel doesn’t work its time to use a V sharpener. The V sharpener will strip off the old edge and put on a new one. But try not to use it too often as it will wear your blade away after time. For a complete tutorial on how to use the sharpeners and all other knife skills, please take our knife skills video class by clicking here.
Gunter Wilhelm warranties your knife for life. It is guaranteed against any defects, rust, defects, etc. Please refer to our Warranty Page
For a complete course in Knife Skills, Please click the Knife Skills 101 video. This is highly recommended for watching by all Gunter Wilhelm users, even experienced Chefs.