5-Inch Utility Knife, Brown Pakkawood Handle
Multi-purpose knives: This slender blade allows for exceptionally smooth precise cutting. It features an ergonomic elegant handle, providing a comfortable fit and beautiful appearance.
Great For Veggies And Meat: This slicing tool is perfect for cutting up just about anything. Use this knife to slice up vegetables for a veggie tray, core your apples and tomatoes, de-seed your bell peppers, and peel your cucumbers and carrots, to chop onions for a pot roast, or for slicing up strips of steak. No matter the slicing job, this knife is up to the task. This knife is a must-have, multi-use tool.
- Made from premium 440/X50CrMoV15 German steel
- Optimized multi-stage optimized heat treatment ice-hardening process for hardness, durability, and superior edge retention characteristics
- Full Patented Triple-Tang design for balance, control and precision with beautiful steel and brown Pakkawood handles.
- Stylish yet functional ergonomic handle with SMART-BOLSTER™ design
- Sharp heel and smooth spine
- Lifetime warranty for manufacturing defects.
- Premium 440/X50CrMoV15 German Steel
- Weight: 0.25 lb
- Ergonomic Full-Triple-Tang handle design with beautiful steel and Pakkawood handle.
- 20-22 degree angled blade edge
- 55 +/-2 RC Hardness with multi-stage optimized Ice-Hardening heat treatment
Warranty: Life-Time Warranty
Knife Type: Utility Knives
Tang Type: Triple Tang
Edge Type: STRAIGHT
Blade Length: 5”
Blade Material: X50CrMoV15 High Carbon No-Stain Steel
Handle Size: 4 1/4 inches
Handle Material: Pakkawood
Dimensions: L - 9 inch W - 1 inch H - 7/8 inches
How do I care for my knife?
Our knives are made from quality materials and should last if you take good care of them. Following please find few guidelines:
- Hand wash and dry immediately after use.
- Do not put in dishwasher as it might damage the high carbon steel and handles.
- Do not leave in water for an extended period of time.
- Hone your straight fine edge blade regularly.
- Sharpen your straight fine edge blade as needed on a sharpening rod (diamond or ceramic), whetstone or similar quality sharpening tool.
- Executive Chef Series edge is 20-22 degrees on each side.
- ProCut collections (Lightning, Thunder, and Premier) are 10-15 degrees on each side.
- Serrated edges should be sharpened as needed by using special tools.
- The meat cleaver edge is 30-35 degrees on each side.
- Gunter Wilhelm offers a FREE sharpening service to our kitchen knives. Please CLICK HERE for additional information.
- For additional maintenance and sharpening videos please CLICK HERE.
Gunter Wilhelm Hassle-Free lifetime warranty covers manufacturing defects (materials and workmanship).
- A dull knife which requires sharpening is not a manufacturing defect, but basic maintenance.
- Rust spots might appear in cases that the knife was placed in a dishwasher or left in water for a long period of time. To remove any rust spot, please use a Stainless Steel polisher cream/past such as Bar Keepers Friend or similar.
- Woodblocks, sharpening tools, and blade protectors are not covered by our lifetime warranty policy since they are subject to normal and natural attrition.
- Please refer to our Warranty Policy HERE.
- Please check our videos for additional insights, tips, basic knife skills techniques, and more CLICK HERE.